Thursday, November 26, 2009

t givs

this mornings hard

so seans sister gets me high and we watch the dog show

it’s not fair that the judge has one arm.

how does he even hold a dog?


nicole was there too

she was pregnant when i lived with her

but now the kids in maryland and

the only teet being suckled is the bong


thanksgiving is for nonni

she doesn’t see me, but she did once

and tried to take my dimples, every time

even a few years ago, she would mark my skin

and say how smooth it was, unknowingly, endlessly


you know

I never thought changing diapers and coconut cream pie

would make me think of my grandmother

but i never thought i would smoke with my cousin

or drive a car at four in the morning

or talk to uke about the shape of paint


he has this beard now, my cousin

and sweatpants from college

and something new in his throat

shoegazing and blazing


holy shit

thankful isn’t really my bag

but i know i don’t have it that bad

and i know now not to go getting all mad

when holiday tv says i can get glad

No comments:

Post a Comment